If you’re wondering how to spot the difference between standard and high-quality hair extensions, there are a couple things that you should look out for when purchasing your next set.
6 Tips for buying quality hair extensions
Below are 6 tips that should help on your next shopping trip.
- Consider the hair type. The first way to ensure that your hair extensions are of the best quality is to choose the right type of hair. There are a wide variety of shades, lengths and qualities available so how do you know what to look for? Remy human hair extensions are some of the best quality extensions on the market and should be your first choice. Remy extensions are made with hair that’s been naturally sourced and because the cuticles all face the same direction, your hair looks natural too. You can style and treat these extensions in the same way that you would your natural hair, while synthetic hair extensions have a silicone coating so any heat will eventually remove it.
- Look at the quality of the wefts. The wefts also make a big difference to the quality of your extensions. Make sure that each weft has been professionally sewn and that there are no strands sticking out.
- Watch out for shedding. High-quality hair extensions will never shed, even after you style them time and time again. Jadore Hair Supplies has the best tape hair extensions online and if you want to test their quality, you simply need to run your fingers through them. If you end up a handful of hair strands, you can be sure that the extensions are not the best quality.
- Check the thickness. Quality hair extensions are thick from top to bottom. To check the quality of your hair extensions, hold them up to the light to see if there are any gaps in between the hair. If you spot several gaps or if the hair starts to thin out towards the ends, you should probably consider buying extensions from a different store.
- Look at the clips that have been used. If you are going to buy clip-in extensions, the clip is one of the most important things to check. Make sure the clip is comfortable and that it clips tightly to your hair. If the clip causes the wefts to move down your hair, it’s probably not the best quality. Reputable salons and stores know how important a quality rubber or silicone clip is as they provide the strongest grip and won’t allow the extensions to slip.
- Pay attention to the length. High-quality hair extensions will all be the same length. What this means is that if you’ve purchased extensions that are 20”, each weft should be 20”.
Quality hair extensions will always cost more than synthetic extensions and for good reason. High-end extensions need to tick several important boxes, which make them well worth the investment.